Eye Exams at Kelly Vision Center
Routine eye exams from a qualified optometrist are vital to ensure you have the best vision possible. They also help identify and treat potential health and eye problems that could result in vision loss. At Kelly Vision Center in Goodlettsville, TN, our experts provide comprehensive eye exams and other eye care services.
What to Expect During an Eye Exam
Many people are not sure what to expect during an eye exam, especially if it has been many years since their last comprehensive eye exam. In addition to learning about your overall health, the eye doctor will complete various tests to examine your eyes. Let’s look at some of the tests you are likely to encounter during the exam:
- Visual Acuity: These tests are usually performed using a projected eye chart to measure your near vision.
- Refraction Test: This test is used to determine the prescription of your eyeglasses. You will be shown a series of lens choices to determine which one is clearest.
- Cover Test: You will be asked to focus on a small object and cover each of your eyes as you stare at the target.
- Pupil Dilation: Dilating your pupils allows the eye doctor to view the internal structures of your eyes. It can take about 20-30 minutes for the eye drops to start working.
- Color Blindness: A test is used to determine your ability to tell the difference between colors.
The Length of an Eye Exam
A thorough eye exam is approximately one hour long. During the process, you will perform several vision screening tests in addition to learning about better eye health.
Exams Are Still Needed Even If You Have Good Vision
You still need to have an annual eye exam, even if you have no concerns with your vision. Many eye conditions present no initial symptoms. An eye exam is the best way to detect potential eye health problems. Exams are also crucial if you have a family history of diabetes or glaucoma. We can also help to ensure that your prescription is up to date if you wear glasses or contacts during the eye exam.
Schedule Your Eye Exam in Goodlettsville, TN
Eye exams are an essential component of excellent overall health. Our optometrists at Kelly Vision Center utilize modern technology coupled with a professional staff to ensure the best vision possible for our patients. Call our team today at (615) 868-2877 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.